Make Damn Sure || Taking Back Sunday
Taking Back Sunday (by Carly Hoskins)
2012/08/05 Rose Quarter Riverfront, Portland, OR
Sobbing they’re so perfect 4 yrs today SOB
SLAM DUNK NORTH:
Here’s the thing. Me and Gilly went to Slam Dunk. This is the story from Midnight to Midnight.
THINGS THAT HAPPENED:
- 2AM - Man gets Handjob: I’m at work and some guy’s just casually getting a hand job on the sofa’s next to main bar, Classy.
- 3AM - BIG LESBIAN FIGHT: Me, Gilly and Keil Get in the car to go home and all of a sudden a massive lesbian brawl breaks out next to the premier apartments. Needless to say we watched intently and left when the drama was over.
- 7am - The Story: A homeless guy tries to convince us its a 32 mile journey to Spennymoor in order to obtain loose change. He fails.
- 12pm - Free Money: I found a ticket for Slam Dunk on the floor in leeds (At this point i’d like to note to the person whose ticket it was, i’m sorry, but we had no way of knowing whose it was, it was just lying there on the floor and no one was around) so we sold it to a tout for £10, it was a rip off, but it was free money.
- 2PM - The vests: At 2pm we’d had all we could take, we raided our wallets and bought vests (for bands we don’t even like) in an attempt to make the heat less aggressive, it didn’t work all that well, but i’ve tanned just lovely.
- 5PM - I begin to care about bands: It was now that bands I liked began playing, I stood through Motion city soundtrack (Who were really good), Funeral for a friend (who i felt sorry for, they clearly weren’t enjoying themselves because of all the sound issues) and The Blackout (Who ever since me and Gilly met them at Give it a name i’ve had a soft spot for)
- 10pm - Taking back sunday: Taking back sunday blew me away. Here are the facts, I’d been at the barrier since Funeral for a Friend, They came on and blasted through Error: Operatorand I was thrilled. Then during Faith Adam Started looking at me (it was cheesy as fuck but we were singing the bridge bit at each other) They played about 5 more songs and then during the chorus of “You’re so last summer” he started staring at me, He then shuffled of stage (Broken leg, lots of respect) and walked over to me during the second verse, smiled (The most mischievous smile i’ve ever seen) and took my glasses off of my face, Smudged them a bit put them back on me and we sang “with my one last gasping breath I’d apologize for bleeding on your shirt”.
Yes, it was cheesy in a way, but it was awesome. My mate took a picture of Adam in the crowd during “Cute without the E” later on, you can see me just to the left of Adam (if you were standing where he was). I can understand why alot of people didn’t think they were at their best last night, but I think they’re all wrong, they’re entertainers, and I was entertained.